Look at the main menu of your website & test the menu labels against these 5 criteria:
- Accurate: Are they true to the content?
- Concise: Do they contain just enough words and no more?
- Familiar: Do they use meaningful words to describe options, not requiring users to already know what’s available?
- Comprehensive: Do they adequately describe all of their sections’ content?
- Front-loaded: Do they start with the most information-carrying word(s)?
See Four Dangerous Navigation Approaches that Can Increase Cognitive Strain for more info.